100 Restaurants that Offer Kids Eat Free NightsJune 9, 2014 | in Nanny
When life gets hectic, one of the easiest ways to reduce the stress is to let someone else do the cooking! However, taking the entire family out to dinner can quickly get expensive, unless you know which restaurants to frequent. To help, we’ve compiled a list of 100 different restaurants that cater to every setting and craving, and all of them feature “Kids Eat Free” nights. So the next time you’re looking to dine out on a budget, check out one of these popular choices.
Casual dining is the go-to choice for many families. A step up from fast food, these joints allow families to enjoy a fairly inexpensive sit-down dinner without worrying if the kids are being too crazy. For some family-friendly casual dining, check out the 20 restaurants listed below.
- Hooters: This restaurant is known for its wings and its family-friendly menu. An added bonus? Kids eat free every day with the purchase of an adult entrée. This chain has locations all over the country.
- IHOP: The International House of Pancakes may be famous for its short stacks, but it serves way more than just pancakes. You can stop by one of its many locations 24 hours a day for breakfast, lunch or dinner and kids eat free with an adult purchase.
- Applebee’s: You can find an Applebee’s in many cities across the country and the restaurant boasts a menu that’s packed with moderately priced items. Kids eat free with an adult on Tuesdays.
- Black Eyed Pea: There are locations in Texas, Tennessee and Colorado. Popular for down home comfort foods, you’ll find items like fried green tomatoes, black eyed peas and chicken fried steak on this menu. Kids eat free on Tuesdays from 5pm to close with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Denny’s: If you like diner food, this may be the place for you. You can order breakfast, lunch or dinner anytime. Up to two kids’ entrées are free for every adult entrée on Tuesday nights from 4pm to close.
- Plucker’s Wing Bar: This sports bar features both bone-in and bone-out wings as well as other popular bar foods like burgers and ribs. Kids eat free all day on Tuesdays with up to two free kids’ meals per adult entrée.
- Oliver’s Eatery: This menu features everything from burgers to pasta and kids eat free all day Saturday with an adult purchase.
- Penne Pomodoro: If you’re looking for authentic Italian food in North Texas, Penne Pomodoro is the place to eat. Kids eat free on Wednesdays from 4pm to 10pm with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Le Peep: This restaurant is known for their award winning breakfasts and has several locations in Texas. Kids eat free all day Wednesdays with an adult purchase.
- Boston’s: This chain has restaurants across the country where families can come watch a variety games while enjoying their meal. Kids eat free at participating restaurants.
- The String Bean: The home cooking at The String Bean is what sets them apart from other local restaurants. Kids eat free on Mondays from 5pm to close.
- Steak’n Shake: Known for their “steak” burgers and shakes, this diner-style restaurant has locations all over the U.S. Kids eat free all day Saturdays and Sundays with each $8 adult entrée.
- Paradise Bakery: Soups, salads and sandwiches make this restaurant a must try. Kids eat free Tuesdays and Thursdays with an adult purchase.
- Beto’s: Check out this Mexican restaurant that has menus built for couples and families. Kids eat free on Thursdays after 5pm with an adult purchase.
- Angelina’s Mexican Restaurant: With two different locations in Texas, you’ll find a large selection of Mexican favorites here. Kids eat free on Thursdays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Alicia’s Mexican Grille: Enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine at five locations in southern Texas. Every Monday kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entrée and drink.
- Berry Hill Baja Grill: This Mexican restaurant is known as the home of the fish taco and has 10 locations around Texas. Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
- Sam and Louie’s Pizza: These restaurants can be found in many different states and boast a menu of New York style pizzas and comforting pasta dishes. Kids eat free on Sundays.
- Grisanti’s: Kids eat free every Monday with the purchase of an adult entrée at this Italian restaurant. Check out their locations in Lincoln or Omaha, Nebraska.
- Quaker Steak and Lube: With locations across the country, you’re sure to find a location near you. If you have the kids in tow, stop by on Monday so they can eat for free with the purchase of an adult meal.
For those nights when you just don’t have time to sit down for dinner, fast food may be the best option. These 20 fast food restaurants all have a “Kids Eat Free” night you can take advantage of, making them perfect for those nights when you’re in a rush.
- Firehouse Subs: This chain has locations you can pick up a sub at all over the country. Kids eat free on Wednesdays and Sundays when an adult purchases a sub combo.
- Tin Star: This taco bar has numerous locations in Texas, and kids eat free on Sunday nights from 4pm to close with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Buffalo Wings and Rings: Grab a burger, salad or soup at this bar style restaurant. What started as one restaurant in Cincinnati, Ohio has grown to include 57 restaurants over the last three decades. Kids eat free on Mondays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- American Taphouse: Located in Gilbert, Arizona, this burger and pizza joint has everything from beer to dinner. Kids eat free Wednesdays and Saturdays when adults purchase a meal.
- Jason’s Deli: With an array of salads and sandwiches on the menu, Jason’s Deli serves tasty food at a fair price. This chain can be found all over the country and up to two kids eat free on Mondays with each adult who orders a meal.
- Planet Sub: You can find restaurants in Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Iowa and Oklahoma. Kids eat free all day Tuesday when an adult buys a sub.
- Gold Star Chili: From coneys to double decker sandwiches, this restaurant’s menu is full of tasty choices. Kids eat free on Tuesdays with an adult purchase.
- Rio Wraps: If you can wrap it in a tortilla, you are likely to find it at Rio’s in Michigan. Kids eat free on Mondays with an adult wrap purchase.
- Souper! Salad!: If you’re looking for something light, come in here for lunch or dinner. Kids eat free on Sundays.
- Tropical Smoothie Café: Order a smoothie, wrap or sandwich at this country-wide chain. Kids eat free all day on Sundays.
- Chick-Fil-A: Known as the home of the original chicken sandwich, this restaurant has chicken in all forms – from chicken burgers to chicken nuggets and everything in between. Kids eat free on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult combo. Check your nearest location, as some restaurants only offer this discount during the summer.
- Lazy Dog Sports Bar and Grill: Come watch the big game at one of the two locations of the Lazy Dog in Colorado. Tons of sandwiches, burgers and pizzas are available on the menu and kids eat free on Wednesday with an adult entrée purchase.
- Wahoo’s Fish Taco: Grab a fish taco, enchilada or salad to go or eat at one of the many chains. Kids eat free from 4pm to close on Thursdays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Mexi-Go: There are three locations in the North Texas area and kids eat free on Tuesdays when an adult orders dinner.
- Celebrity Café and Bakery: Come in and grab a sandwich or soup at this café and bakery. Kids eat free on Tuesdays with an adult purchase.
- Dagwood’s Sandwich Shoppes: Try the subs and other deli favorites at this fun restaurant, which has three locations in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. Kids eat free on Sundays with adult purchase.
- Scotty P’s: Great for take-out or dining in, there are multiple locations to choose from and kids eat free on Tuesdays from 5pm to close with an adult platter purchase.
- Jersey Mike’s Subs: Come in and grab a sub sandwich for yourself and get the kids a mini sub for free on Monday nights. This chain has stores all over the country.
- Factor’s Famous Deli: Run in and grab one of Factor’s famous deli sandwiches for dine in or take out. This California-based restaurant is one-of-a-kind, and kids eat free every Tuesday from 3pm to close with an adult entrée purchase.
- Jamba Juice: This chain has stores across the country, so come in and grab a smoothie for yourself and get a free one for the kids on Tuesdays. Jamba Juice has more than just smoothies, though; you can also try their flatbread pizza or bistro sandwiches.
If you’re in the mood to celebrate but want to bring the kids, try one of these 20 fine dining restaurants. While most of the “Kids Eat Free” nights fall during the week, taking advantage will allow you to enjoy fine dining at an affordable price.
- Blue Mesa Grill: This restaurant is fairly affordable and serves an array of Mexican dishes, including their own homemade sweet potato chips. On Sundays take advantage of the free kids’ brunch with the purchase of an adult brunch.
- Texas de Brazil: Try a variety of meats that are brought to your table and carved by a server at this chain that can be found across the country. Kids under 2 eat free, kids from 3 to 5 are only $5, and kids that are 6 to 12 are half price every day.
- Sweet Tomatoes: Full of comfort food, this restaurant serves soups, salads and pastas. You’ll find locations in 15 different states, and kids 2 and under eat free every day.
- Agave Azul: Known for their tequila, this restaurant’s menu is full of authentic Mexican food. Kids eat free all day on Mondays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Villa-O Restaurant: You’ll find everything from wood fired pizzas to aged prime rib at this restaurant. Kids up to 15 eat free on Sundays from 10:30am to 3pm.
- Iron Cactus: With several Texas locations, this restaurant serves everything from seafood to steak. Kids eat free all day on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Yellow Rose Steakhouse: Located in Flower Mound, Texas, this restaurant boasts typical steakhouse fare. Kids eat free all day on Mondays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Boi Na Braza: This Brazilian restaurant serves meats ‘rodizio’ style, which means all around. You pay one price for the meat and eat as much as you want. Kids under 5 eat free every day.
- Catfish Plantation: If you like dining on tasty food and don’t mind a few ghosts wandering around, this is the place for you. Located in Waxahachie, TX, this restaurant has been featured on several television programs because of the friendly ghosts that inhabit the restaurant. Kids eat free every day with the purchase of an adult entrée per child.
- Dodie’s Cajun Diner: For Cajun food lovers, this restaurant serves all of the southern favorites. Kids eat free all day on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult dinner.
- Coal Vines: This pizza and wine bar features an array of Italian dishes, from mussels to lemon sole picatta. Kids eat free Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm.
- CRAVE: Located in Omaha, Nebraska, this upscale restaurant has a large menu that has everything from sushi to burgers to pasta. Kids eat free Sunday through Wednesday with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Upstream Brewing: Kids eat free at Upstream Brewing on Mondays, with a limit of one free kid’s meal per adult. Eclectic selections of dishes are available at the two Omaha locations.
- Genji Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar: Every Tuesday and Wednesday night kids eat free here with an adult purchase. You can enjoy everything from lobster to steak at this restaurant.
- Lone Star Steakhouse: You can find this restaurant all over the country and enjoy delicious steaks. Kids eat free on Tuesdays, so you can bring the whole family without breaking the budget.
- Texas Land and Cattle: From steak to ribs to grilled salmon, this upscale restaurant has a little bit of everything. You’ll find locations in Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, North Carolina and New Mexico, and kids eat free on Saturdays from 11am to 4pm.
- Tucanos: This Brazilian restaurant can be found in several states across the U.S. and features a tropical salad bar and a lot of meat. Kids eat free every day with a paying adult.
- Villa Farotto: Italian cuisine fixed individually or family style can be found at Villa Farotto, located in Chesterfield, Missouri. Kids eat free on Mondays.
- Cinzzetti’s: This unique restaurant has different prices based on when you go. Lunch is cheaper than dinner and Monday night is cheaper than Friday night. Kids eat free Monday and Tuesday nights and you can get up to two free kids per adult paid dinner.
Sometimes you just crave a quality burger, and these 20 burger joints are known for being the best. While paying for a quality burger can be more expensive, you can offset the price by dining on a “Kids Eat Free” night.
- JC’s Burger House: This award winning burger joint serves more than just burgers. On Mondays and Tuesdays kids eat free after 4pm with the purchase of an adult entrée. There are six locations for this restaurant, all located in North Texas.
- Elevation Burger: This restaurant chain has locations in 11 states in the U.S. and also can be found in seven other countries. Kids under 10 eat free on Sundays from 5pm to close.
- Tommy’s Hamburger Grill: With two locations in Texas, this restaurant offers award winning burgers, catfish and more. Kids eat free all day Tuesday with an adult purchase.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise: There are locations all over the country that feature burgers and other house specialties with an island twist. Kids eat free on Tuesday nights with an adult purchase.
- Island’s Fine Burgers and Drinks: Sit back and enjoy your burger in this tropical themed burger joint located in Carlsbad, California. Kids eat free after 4pm on Tuesdays when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Johnny Rockets, The Original Hamburger: Enjoy a burger and shake at this fun diner. Johnny Rockets are located all over the world, and eve on some cruise ships. Kids eat free on Wednesdays when an adult buys an entrée.
- Backyard Burgers: This chain restaurant can be found in numerous states throughout the country, and is known for its different burgers and sandwiches. Kids eat free after 4pm on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Zebb’s Grill and Bar: If you’re in upstate New York, try out one of the five locations of this chain that’s known for their fresh baked rolls. Kids eat free on Sundays.
- Austin Grill: Tuesdays are kids’ nights at Austin Grill. Depending on the location, kids either eat free or for $1.
- Austin Java: For a gourmet burger, eat at Austin Java. There are 11 locations in the Texas area, and kids eat free anytime on Tuesdays with an adult purchase.
- Champs Americana: Keep your eyes open for one of the 37 different locations across the Midwest, East and South. Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
- Ruby’s Diner: There are 21 different burgers on Ruby’s menu, from triple deckers to tiny sliders, which you can enjoy if you live in Hawaii, California, New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, or Texas. Kids eat free after 4pm on Tuesdays with an adult purchase.
- Jeffrey’s Sports Grill: The next time you’re in Georgia, be sure to visit this local favorite. Kids eat free from 5pm to 9pm on Wednesdays.
- Mel’s Diner: As with most diners, burgers are a popular item on the menu, and the burgers here are all ½ pound. Kids eat free on Sundays with an adult meal purchase.
- Red Robin: Try one of Red Robin’s gourmet burgers with some plank fries. On Tuesday nights after 6pm kids get a free sundae with their kid’s meal.
- Gunther Toody’s Diner: This quaint diner in Colorado has a menu that’s filled with your standard diner fare, and the burgers are handmade and cooked to order. Kids eat free all day on Mondays with an adult purchase.
- Lark Burger: This restaurant, known for its unique Lark burger, doesn’t have an extensive menu, but they do claim you’ll eat the best burger you’ve ever had here. Kids eat free from 4pm to close on Monday with an adult entrée of $9 or more.
- City Grille: Try one of the 11 burger choices on City Grille’s menu. This Denver restaurant is one of a kind and kids eat free on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Rock Yard American Grill & Brewery: Eating at the Rock Yard in Castle Rock, CO is an experience different than most burger joints. Many of the dishes are made with beers that are brewed on site. Kids eat free on Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Jake’s Food and Spirits: If you stop in this Denver joint, you’ll have to try their signature dish, “The Jake”. This burger is topped with bacon, cheddar cheese, green chili, onion strings and a fried egg. Kids eat free on Wednesdays when an adult orders dinner.
Haven’t found what you’re looking for yet? Whether you’re craving BBQ, Asian or pizza, these 20 restaurants all feature a “Kids Eat Free” special, so you’re sure to fulfill any of your cravings while staying on budget.
- Dickey’s Barbeque: If you love barbeque, then you’ll love the food at Dickey’s. Their sandwiches are made with a unique cornbread bun and come with your choice of barbeque sauce. This is a chain, so you can find Dickey’s Barbeque restaurants all over the country. Kids eat free on Sundays.
- Bobby V’s Sports Gallery Café: Bring the whole family here to check out the sports memorabilia and watch some of the 50 big screen televisions. Kids 12 and under eat free all day on Mondays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Colter’s BBQ: Try some barbeque favorites at this local restaurant that has three locations in the North Texas area. Kids eat free on Wednesdays from 4pm to close with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Double Dave’s Pizza Works: In the mood for pizza? Give this Texas and Oklahoma restaurant chain a try. Kids eat free every day with the purchase of an adult buffet.
- Good Day Café: Down home cooking is this restaurant’s claim to fame. With two locations in Texas, kids eat free on Wednesdays from 5pm to 9pm with the purchase of an adult buffet. (You must request.)
- Luby’s: At Luby’s you can enjoy cafeteria style food that’s much tastier than what you remember from school. This restaurant has locations in Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma. Kids eat free on Wednesdays after 4:30pm and all day on Saturday with the purchase of an adult meal. (Some restrictions apply.)
- Christina’s Mexican Restaurant: There are 12 locations in the North Texas area where you can enjoy this tasty Mexican cuisine. Kids eat free all day Mondays and Tuesdays with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Big Al’s Smokehouse BBQ: This is Texas barbeque at its finest. Kids eat free every day from 5pm to close with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- Texadelphia: If you like Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, you have to come and try the sandwiches at Texadelphia. Kids eat free on Wednesdays from 3pm to close.
- Z Pizza: Available in 17 states across the country, Z Pizza has gourmet pizzas that they will bring hot and ready to your door. Kids eat free all day on Mondays with an adult purchase.
- Heartland Bar-B-Que: If you like barbeque, you will definitely want to try the smokey goodness found at Heartland. Kids eat free every day with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Doc and Eddie’s BBQ: Kids eat free every Monday with the purchase of an adult entrée. Menu selections are standard for a barbeque place, and you can enjoy ribs, cornbread and much more.
- Ixtapa Mexican Grill: Located in Bellevue, Nebraska, this family-owned restaurant features authentic Mexican dishes that are cooked and served by the owners. Kids eat free on Mondays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- China Buffet Mongolian Grill: This Omaha, Nebraska restaurant features Asian cuisine for the whole family. Kids eat free on Tuesday nights.
- My Big Fat Greek Restaurant. If you’re looking for Greek food and entertainment, this is the place to eat. Kids eat free every day after 4pm when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Pig-N-Whistle: Enjoy some Memphis barbeque at this restaurant. Kids eat free all day on Sundays and Mondays with a paying adult.
- Ethyl’s Smokehouse and Saloon: Try this barbeque place with your family. They run daily specials and kids eat free on Mondays when an adult purchases a dinner.
- Zarda Bar-B-Q: Delicious Kansas City barbeque can be found at Zarda’s. There are only two locations available for this restaurant, one in Kansas and one in Missouri. Kids eat free all day on Wednesdays.
- Captain D’s Seafood Kitchen: If you like fried fish, shrimp and hushpuppies, this is the place for you. This southern restaurant chain has free kids’ meals on Thursdays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Ricetta’s Brick Oven Ristorante: Indulge in some tasty brick oven pizza with your favorite toppings at this restaurant. Kids eat free Sundays and Mondays with adult purchase.
- Gator’s Dockside: Check out one of the 17 Florida locations for Gator’s and be sure to try their signature dish, the hand-battered gator tail. Kids eat free Tuesday nights from 5:30pm-8:30pm.
Comments are closed.
Search Nanny Jobs
in your zip code:
- 100 Restaurants that Offer Kids Eat Free Nights
- 100 Ways to Save Money as a Nanny
- 100 Ways to Make a Good Impression
- How Can Nannies Foster a Mom/Child Relationship
- Family Activities to Engage Your Preteen
- Choosing the Best Nanny Market for Your Next Job
- Ten Things That Make a Perfect Nanny Family Match
- How Old is Too Old When Hiring a Nanny?
- Do You Have What It Takes to be a Full-Time Nanny?
- 100 Easy Seasonal Arts and Crafts for Kids