30 Blogs Focused on Boosting Your ImmunityOctober 29, 2012 | in Nanny
As the weather begins to cool down and the days get shorter, thoughts naturally turn to strengthening and protecting your immune system to prevent seasonal colds, flu and other illnesses. While nothing listed in these 30 blogs should be considered a substitute for the advice and care of a trained medical professional, they do offer up plenty of food-for-thought information that can help you make the most of all your natural defenses this cold and flu season.
What you put into your body has a very real effect on the way that it operates. Maintaining a good diet comprised of fresh fruits, vegetables and other nutritious fare can make a noticeable difference in the power and strength of your immune system. These five blogs are filled with information about the best ways to shore up your body’s defenses naturally, simply by altering your diet.
- 5 Immunity-Boosting Foods
- 5 Great Immune-Boosting Foods
- 9 Foods to Boost the Immune System
- 21 Foods to Boost Your Immune System
- Immune-Boosting Herbs and Spices from Your Spice Rack
Excessive amounts of stress can affect your body in a variety of unpleasant ways, not least of which is your ability to fight off illnesses. These five blog entries discuss the impact that anxiety and stress can have on your body, and share ideas to help you relax so that your health isn’t compromised by the difficulties you face each day.
- Stress Reduction Tips
- 3 Timely Tips to Reduce Stress and Enrich Your Life
- Stress Management
- Feel Good Stress Reducing Tips That Are Simple To Use
- 21 Stress Reduction Tips
A sedentary lifestyle can lead not only to obesity, diabetes and other health complaints related directly to the excess weight, but also to the weakening of the immune system and other vital physical processes. These five bloggers tackle the issue of being active, and explain how a lack of activity relates to your body’s ability to fight off illness.
- Early Research Shows Exercise Boost Immunity to Fight Off Cancer
- A Workout Plan for Immunity
- Exercise to Boost Your Immunity
- Do You Know these Immune System Benefits of Exercise?
- Immunity Boost
While there are some that regard herbal medicine, naturopathy and herbal supplements with suspicion or outright derision, there are others who remain staunch proponents. The information contained in these five blog entries can help you make an informed decision on the issue so that you are able to form your own opinion.
- Boosting the Immune System: Herbal Supplements to the Rescue
- Immune Boosting Herbs
- Herbs That Boost Your Immunity
- Herbs to Boost Your Immune System
- Top 10 Herbs and Spices for Strengthening Your Immune System
Get Some Sleep!
Lack of sleep and exhaustion are surefire ways to diminish your body’s ability to fight off infections and illnesses, and to wreak havoc with your health in general. These five bloggers explore the connection between a lack of sufficient rest and a weakened, ineffectual immune system.
- Sleep and Your Immune System
- Sleep Tight: The Immune System Needs Rest to Work Best
- Why Poor Sleep Lowers Your Immune System
- Sleep deprivation: To your immune system, missing a night’s sleep same as physical stress
- Poor Sleep Affects Immune System Much Like Physical Stress
Skip the Antibiotics
While antibiotics can, and often do, save lives threatened by infectious diseases, modern habits of overuse and excessive prescriptions have already caused a variety of antibiotic-resistant strains of potentially serious illnesses. Understanding what antibiotics do and do not treat effectively, as well as the proper attitude regarding their use, is an important aspect of protecting and maintaining your immune system.
- How Antibiotics Destroy Your Immune System
- Antibiotics Do No Good for Most Sinus Infections
- Consequences of Excessive Antibiotic Use
- Antibiotics and Overuse
- Disadvantages of Antibiotic Medications
Comments are closed.
Search Nanny Jobs
in your zip code:
- Family Activities to Engage Your Preteen
- Choosing the Best Nanny Market for Your Next Job
- Ten Things That Make a Perfect Nanny Family Match
- How Old is Too Old When Hiring a Nanny?
- Do You Have What It Takes to be a Full-Time Nanny?
- 100 Easy Seasonal Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Raising a Vegetarian: The Growing Trend – Is it Healthy for Children?
- 10 Golden Rules of Hiring a Nanny
- Top Tips for Training Your New Nanny
- Banned Books: Should You or Shouldn’t You Let Your Child Read Them?