30 Blogs with Gluten Free Recipes for KidsSeptember 18, 2012 | in Nanny
If your child has been diagnosed with celiac disease or some other form of gluten sensitivity, finding healthy and palatable meal options for him can become a bit of a challenge. Kids are notoriously picky eaters as it is, and having a sensitivity to gluten eliminates many of the more traditional “kid favorite” foods that are staples in a child’s diet. The authors of these 30 blog entries, however, have found ways to serve up some delicious, gluten-free fare for the smaller set.
While there are a wide variety of gluten-free products on the market that simulate grains, flours, and wheat, traditional breakfast foods like pancakes, biscuits, and toast are generally off-limits to kids with gluten sensitivities. These five bloggers cover gluten-free breakfast offerings for kids.
- All About Gluten-Free Waffles
- Homemade Granola Cereal
- Men at Work: An Easy, Gluten-Free Breakfast Even a Dad Can Make
- Healthy GFCF Pancakes
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Poptarts
Figuring out what to pack in a school lunch can be difficult enough for a child with no dietary restrictions, but coming up with exciting bagged lunches for gluten-sensitive kids is an entirely new challenge. Packing your child’s lunch may actually be the best possible option for him, as young children might not know what to avoid in the cafeteria line.
- Easy Kids’ Lunchboxes
- Gluten-Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 10 Days of Gluten Free – Welcome & Packing A Balanced Lunchbox!
- Lively Lunchboxes – That Kids Will Eat!
- Gluten and Allergen Free School Lunch and Snack Ideas (Plus, Information of 504 Plans and Downloadable Teacher Letters)
When one member of the family suffers from gluten sensitivity, forcing them to eat a hastily-prepared gluten-free meal while everyone else enjoys traditional food can make them feel isolated, even from the family members gathered around the table with them. These five blogs cover gluten-free dinner entrees that the whole family can enjoy.
- Simple, Gluten-Free Turkey Burgers
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Crispy Seasoned Chicken
- Better Than Your Mom’s Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Gluten Free Soft Dinner Rolls
For many families, enjoying a post-dinner dessert is tradition. However, gluten sensitivities can make it difficult to keep those desserts varied and interesting. Whether you’re making a gluten-free dessert to take to an allergy-sensitive potluck with kids in attendance or simply looking for a few good recipes for dessert items your entire family can enjoy, these five blog entries are for you.
- Chocolate Cake
- Dump Cake
- A Gluten-Free Crustless Apple Pie, Or, My Version of a Gluten-Free Crumble
- Easy Chocolate Pudding
- Stunning Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes
Gluten-Free Sweet Snacks
Snacking between meals helps kids maintain their energy levels and meet their nutritional requirements throughout the day, as their smaller stomachs can only handle limited amounts of food at mealtimes. While sugars and sweets should be limited and snacks should be as healthy as possible, sometimes you need a sweet treat. Here are five sweet gluten-free snack offerings from the blogosphere.
- 6 Gluten-Free Sweet Treats
- Butter Cookies
- 50 Healthy Gluten-Free Snacks for Just About Every Situation or Craving
- A Gluten-Free Snack for Sweet-Lovers
- Breads, Cakes, Muffins: An Extra, Not a Staple
Gluten-Free Savory Snacks
When parents make snack foods in their own kitchens they’re able to control the ingredients of each food item and monitor what their kids are actually eating. These five savory snack recipes are gluten free, and great for staving off kids’ hunger throughout the day without spurring any food sensitivities.
- Gluten Free Cheese Straws – My Grandmother’s Secret Recipe
- Corn Dog Mini Muffins
- Mini Mac-and-Cheese Cakes
- Crunchy Mummies
- Reconstructing Goldfish Crackers: Gluten-Free Style
Comments are closed.
Search Nanny Jobs
in your zip code:
- Family Activities to Engage Your Preteen
- Choosing the Best Nanny Market for Your Next Job
- Ten Things That Make a Perfect Nanny Family Match
- How Old is Too Old When Hiring a Nanny?
- Do You Have What It Takes to be a Full-Time Nanny?
- 100 Easy Seasonal Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Raising a Vegetarian: The Growing Trend – Is it Healthy for Children?
- 10 Golden Rules of Hiring a Nanny
- Top Tips for Training Your New Nanny
- Banned Books: Should You or Shouldn’t You Let Your Child Read Them?