30 Blogs with Homemade Holiday Cookie RecipeNovember 4, 2012 | in Nanny
As the autumn and winter holidays approach, thoughts begin to turn to the delicious food that typically accompanies large family gatherings. One of the most beloved dessert table staples of the holidays are a variety of freshly baked cookies. Rather than opting for store-bought cookies that could be laden with preservatives and chemical additives, you may find that preparing them yourself is almost as much fun as eating them. These 30 bloggers are well-versed in the language of the cookie, and offer their own recipes, hints and tips regarding their preparation.
A perennial favorite at the holiday table due to their delicious taste and how well they lend themselves to decoration, sugar cookies are always a safe bet for serving family and friends. These five blogs offer their own hints, tips and methods for making the best sugar cookies out there; try your hand at all five to determine for yourself who the winner is!
- Our Sugar Cookie Recipes for People Magazine
- 10 Ideas for Sugar Cookie Dough
- Brit’s Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Recipes for Holiday Baking
- Holiday Sugar Cookies
Few desserts are as synonymous with the winter holidays as the iconic gingerbread man. Whether you’re planning to make simple men and women shapes, or are brave enough to undertake the challenge of a more elaborate gingerbread house, these five bloggers will be there to offer their support and advice every step of the way.
- Holiday Gingerbread Cookies From Mira Sorvino
- Holiday Alert: Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- Mad about Gingerbread Cookies
- 5 Tips for Perfect Gingerbread Cookies
- How to Make Your Gingerbread House As Solid as a Real House
While traditional shortbread is made from nothing more than sugar, butter and flour, modern variations of this delicious treat can include a vast array of modifications. From the simplest recipe to elaborately flavored shortbread cookies, these five blog entries are full of great recipes and ideas for incorporating shortbread into your holiday dessert table.
- Spice Up Your Holiday with Chai Shortbread Cookies
- 3 Holiday Cookies to Make with Shortbread
- Rosemary Shortbread
- Holiday Dozen: Glazed Orange Shortbread Rounds
- Simple Shortbread: One Recipe, Four Cookies
Decorating cookies is a time-honored tradition for many families, and these five blogs offer plenty of hints and instructions to help you establish that same tradition in your own family. Perusing the contents of these entries will have you decorating like a pro, earning you rave reviews at holiday gatherings for years to come.
- Decorated Christmas Cookies
- Decorating Cookies
- Iced, Decorated, and Shaped Cookie Recipes
- Holiday Cookie Decorating
- Holiday Baking Tip 3: Discover Creative Ways to Decorate
Chocolate is a sure-fire hit year-round, and the holidays are no exception. These five blog entries can provide you with great ideas and recipes to help you integrate this delicacy into your holiday dessert selection perfectly.
- One Great Chocolate Cookie Recipe Coming Your Way
- Chocolate Puddle Cookie – Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Too!
- Double Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Holiday Chocolate Cookie Recipe from The Firelight Inn B&B
- White and Dark Chocolate Deep Dish Cookies
While poorly prepared fruitcakes tend to be so universally disliked that they’re the butt of holiday jokes, there are varieties that happen to be quite delicious. These recipes integrate the elements of fruit and traditional holiday fruitcake into cookie recipes that may change a few minds about the desirability of the infamous fruitcake.
- Eggless Fruit Cookies (Tutti Frutti Cookies)
- Fruit and Nut Christmas Cookies
- Grandma’s Brandied Christmas Cookies
- Fruity Pastel Cookies – Christmas Cookies from Around the World
- Fruit Cake Cookies
Comments are closed.
Search Nanny Jobs
in your zip code:
- Family Activities to Engage Your Preteen
- Choosing the Best Nanny Market for Your Next Job
- Ten Things That Make a Perfect Nanny Family Match
- How Old is Too Old When Hiring a Nanny?
- Do You Have What It Takes to be a Full-Time Nanny?
- 100 Easy Seasonal Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Raising a Vegetarian: The Growing Trend – Is it Healthy for Children?
- 10 Golden Rules of Hiring a Nanny
- Top Tips for Training Your New Nanny
- Banned Books: Should You or Shouldn’t You Let Your Child Read Them?