30 Blogs With Tips On Curbing Bad BehaviorJanuary 15, 2013 | in Nanny
As a parent or caregiver, one of your most basic and essential jobs is to help children learn to make good behavioral choices and curb their naughtier tendencies. This becomes especially important as kids get older and begin to exhibit more serious and problematic behavior. Finding the most effective method of helping kids learn to overcome their misbehavior isn’t always easy; thankfully, the Internet and a rise in popularity of blogs have created a network of support and effective parenting advice. These 30 blogs are all dedicated to various methods of working with kids to stop their bad behavior, or at least curtail it before it gets out of hand.
Whether you’re dealing with a toddler that’s exploring the concept of truth or a rebellious teen that outright refuses to tell it, stopping kids from lying is one of the things that most parents and caregivers struggle with at some time or another. The advice in these five blog entries can help you do just that, encouraging honesty in the kids under your care.
- Getting Your Lying Teen to Level with You
- Helping Children Who Have a Problem With Lying
- How Can I Get My Child to Stop Lying?
- The Truth About Your ADHD Child’s Lying
- Girlfriend Therapy: My Kid’s a Liar
Even if you never swear, it’s almost inevitable that your child will, at some point, pick up a few choice words. These five bloggers tackle the delicate subject of indelicate speech, helping parents find the best methods of cleaning up a dirty mouth.
- How to Stop Your Kids from Cursing
- How to Stop a Kid from Cursing
- When Toddlers Curse
- Handling Swearing & Cursing: A Guide for Parents
- Potty Mouth: Stop Kids from Cursing and Swearing
Young children may take things that don’t belong to them because they haven’t yet developed a clear understanding of the concept of personal belongings. These five blog entries are dedicated to helping stamp out stealing, whether the child in question is a preschooler or a high-schooler.
- Why Is My Child Stealing and What Should I Do About It?
- John Rosemond: How Do I Get My Child to Stop Stealing?
- What to do When a Child Steals
- Kids Who Steal for Thrills and How to Stop It.
- How to Stop Children From Stealing Toys
Establishing and asserting independence is something that children will do throughout their youth, and is behavior that can quickly become defiant and downright rude. Preventing or solving a problem with defiance can be relatively difficult, but these five bloggers offer their tried-and-true solutions for approaching this dilemma.
- Don’t Try “Winning” With Your Defiant Child
- Defiant Child Behavior: Is Your Child’s Bad Behavior Escalating?
- Why is My Child Defiant or Explosive?
- Top 3 Strategies to use with Defiant Kids
- Defiance: Why it Happens and What to do About it
The dangers of bullying are well-publicized, with the vast majority of parents understanding just how important it is to protect kids from one another. The realization that your own child may be the victim of bullies is horrifying enough; finding out that your child is the one victimizing her peers can be devastating. These five blogs help parents and caregivers learn the best methods for stopping budding bullying tendencies, getting your child back on track to being a good friend and classmate.
- The Bully, Victim and Parent Roles in Modeling Bullying Behavior
- My Child? A Bully!! Part 1
- National Bullying Prevention Month: When Your Child is a Bully
- My Kid’s the Bully?
- My Daughter, the Bully
Misbehavior at School
Learning that the child who’s so well-behaved and polite at home is acting out while he’s at school can be shocking and a bit embarrassing. Handling misbehavior that tends to occur at school is the focus of the following five blog entries, helping parents to stop dreading parent/teacher conferences.
- What to Do at Home if Your Child is Having Behavior Problems at School
- What to Do if Your Child is Misbehaving at School
- How to Stop Your Child from Misbehaving at School
- Parenting During the Elementary School Years: Preventing Misbehavior
- Problems at School? How to Handle to Top 4 Issues
One Response to 30 Blogs With Tips On Curbing Bad Behavior
Search Nanny Jobs
in your zip code:
- Raising a Vegetarian: The Growing Trend – Is it Healthy for Children?
- 10 Golden Rules of Hiring a Nanny
- Top Tips for Training Your New Nanny
- Banned Books: Should You or Shouldn’t You Let Your Child Read Them?
- 20 Blogs with Crafts You Can Make with Dollar Store Items
- Top 10 Reasons to Choose a Nanny Over Daycare
- 7 Tips for Talking to Your Elementary Schoolers About Modesty
- How to Keep Your Kids From Falling Into the Gender Trap
- How Nannies Can Welcome Visits from Grandparents
- 10 Tips for Getting Back on the School Schedule